Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy yummy recipe, good for everyday and also for company
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten, can use egg substitute
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- Prehat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until well blended, but do not beat.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan, I use Baker's Joy Spray.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the top is lightly browned.
Add some sour cream to make it stick better and for better taste. A bit of honey does sweeten it, too. Also, jalapeno peppers give it great zest.
This turned out good, but it was a little soft. When I tried to cut it, it seemed to just fall apart. That aside, the flavor was good. I added a little honey to the batter for some sweetness. I would make it again, I think, but it needs a little work. Thanks for the recipe, though. It was definetly not a dry cornbread!