Recipe by BecR
A bold and bright traditional Bloody Mary cocktail, with the addition of fresh lovage leaves and a hollow lovage stalk 'straw' for sipping! Tip: If you don't have fresh lovage, celery will do just fine. Be sure to use a top quality tomato or V8 juice, as this is the main 'body' of your drink. Bloody Mary's are traditionally served as a hangover cure, they are also great served as a brunch cocktail or as a before dinner drink to help stimulate the appetite. Cheers!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 ounce premium vodka
- 6 ounces tomato juice or 6 ounces v 8 juice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash celery salt
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure horseradish, to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely minced lovage (or celery leaves)
- lovage (hollow stalks to use as straws for sipping)
- lemon wedge, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour vodka into a tall highball glass over a handful of cracked ice, top up with tomato juice or V8.
- Stir or shake with the remaining ingredients.
- Rub rim of glass with lemon, garnish with a lemon wedge and serve with a hollow lovage stalk 'straw' for sipping.