Recipe by It's loose again
Guests just wolf this down. It keeps them busy while I finish the soup course. This would also be good stuffed into cherry tomatoes.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although this was made for the 2 of us, the next time I make this it'll be for one of the monthly groups I host as a great new addition to my finger food buffet! Absolutely wonderful, & the only thing I changed was to reduce the amount of salt to less than 1/4 teaspoon! Thanks for a great new recipe keeper! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1⁄3 cup shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 baguette, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, devein and steam the shrimp; allow to cool.
- Combine all other ingredients in a food processor.
- Add cooled shrimp and pulse chop until a coarse paste is achieved.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in more mayonnaise, if needed, to achieve a spreading consistancy.
- Chill at least 4 hours.
- Serve with baguette slices.