Recipe by LOU PICARD
An excellent salsa on baked potatoes or just as a dip with corn chips. Also delicious with grilled fish! Me Salsa es you salsa... enjoy!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup onion (finely diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper (sliced in half & seeded)
- 3 roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (sliced & seeded)
- 1 red pepper (sliced & seeded)
- 1 orange bell pepper (sliced & seeded)
- 1 yellow pepper (sliced & seeded)
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lime juice, jalapeno pepper, green chilies, peppers, cilantro, garlic, red pepper powder, tomato sauce, Tabasco Sauce, salt, sugar, & onion in a blender on low & chop.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Separately, blend tomatoes on low just to chop them, not puree.
- Then add to large bowl & mix.
- Note: If you want to crank it up a notch -- substitute Jalapeno pepper with a Habanero Pepper!
- Best if refrigerated for 2 hours or overnight.