Recipe by It's loose again
It tastes like sunshine.
Top Review by mianbao
This is an excellent tasting and beautiful salad. Just right for hot weather. Thank you very much for sharing it with us. I need to add that I used all of the ingredients in the amounts listed (but scaled), except the pepperoncini peppers, which I couldn't locate. If I can find them, I will definitely use them, too. Oh, I did use plain white bowtie pasta, which I don't think changed the flavor of the salad, and still looked very good.
- 12 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 lb frozen italian-cut green beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 cup Spanish olives, pitted
- 1 cup pepperoncini pepper, stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans tender-crisp, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Cook pasta per package directions.
- Drop garlic and lemon zest into a running food processor.
- Stop the processor and add salt, pepper, oregano, parsley and olive oil.
- Pulse chop.
- Add capers and briefly pulse chop.
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, green beans, olives, and peperoncini.
- Pour dressing over pasta and toss well.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Let stand for 1 hour before serving at room temperature.