1/1 Photo of Lou's Mango Pie
It's loose again's Note:
I just made it up after getting a good deal on mangoes. If available, use Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum. Please, no light rums or spiced rums.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake pie shell according to package directions.
- 2Drizzle lemon juice over mango slices and mix lightly.
- 3Add 1/4 cup of sugar and toss gently.
- 4Set aside for 1 hour.
- 5Drain mango, reserving syrup.
- 6Add enough water to syrup to measure 1 cup of liquid.
- 7Combine 1/2 cup of sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- 8Stir in the mango liquid until thoroughly blended.
- 9Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil; boil until thick and clear.
- 10Stir in rum.
- 11Remove from heat and blend in butter and salt.
- 12Gently mix in mango slices.
- 13Turn into baked pie shell, cool and chill.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lou's Mango Pie
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 170.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 44.4 g
- Protein 2.8 g