Recipe by It's loose again
Often I throw a meal together and friend or family ask "Is this in the computer?". If it is not they herd me over to the computer and make me enter it before I forget how I made it. This is one such recipe.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a simmer in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat, add sun-dried tomatoes and let stand until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Drain, reserving the broth.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil and garlic in a large, heavy skillet over high heat.
- Sauté until the garlic is golden.
- Do not allow garlic to brown.
- Add reserved broth, canned tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli and basil.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Cook linguine al dente.
- Combine with vegetables.
- Correct seasoning.
- Transfer to a warmed pasta bowl and sprinkle with cheese.