It's loose again's Note:
It's important to use a quality vinegar. I used Dr. Weis naturtriuber Applelessing fur die Vollwertkuche. This can be made up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated, covered.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb wild rice
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 orange colored hungarian hot peppers
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/4 cup sun dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sun dried cherries
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1Bring 2 1/2 quarts of salted water to a boil.
- 2Add wild rice and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 1 hour.
- 3Drain, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- 4Chill wild rice, covered, until cold, about 2 hours.
- 5Meanwhile, soak onions in salted water.
- 6When ready to assemble the salad, rinse and drain the onions.
- 7Whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 8Toss all ingredients with wild rice.
- 9Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lou's Halloween Salad
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: