Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr
It's important to use a quality vinegar. I used Dr. Weis naturtriuber Applelessing fur die Vollwertkuche. This can be made up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated, covered.
- 1 lb wild rice
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 orange colored hungarian hot peppers
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup sun dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup sun dried cherries
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Bring 2 1/2 quarts of salted water to a boil.
- Add wild rice and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 1 hour.
- Drain, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Chill wild rice, covered, until cold, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, soak onions in salted water.
- When ready to assemble the salad, rinse and drain the onions.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss all ingredients with wild rice.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well.