It's loose again's Note:
It's important to use a quality vinegar. I used Dr. Weis naturtriuber Applelessing fur die Vollwertkuche. This can be made up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated, covered.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb wild rice
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 orange colored hungarian hot peppers
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/4 cup sun dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sun dried cherries
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1Bring 2 1/2 quarts of salted water to a boil.
- 2Add wild rice and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 1 hour.
- 3Drain, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- 4Chill wild rice, covered, until cold, about 2 hours.
- 5Meanwhile, soak onions in salted water.
- 6When ready to assemble the salad, rinse and drain the onions.
- 7Whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 8Toss all ingredients with wild rice.
- 9Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lou's Halloween Salad
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: