Recipe by ChefWhiz
This custard is the recipe of a friend who owned and was chef in her own restaurant. The key to the custard is the use of real vanilla rather than imitation extract, which gives it a slight eggnog flavor.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat an oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, slightly beat eggs.
- Add sugar and mix sugar and eggs.
- Slowly heat milk, constantly stirring to prevent scorching, until hot.
- Pour hot milk slowly into egg and sugar mixture, stirring as you do.
- Pour mixture into a glass bowl (pyrex).
- Fill a receptacle for the glass bowl (another bowl or a deep metal pan suitable for the oven).
- with hot tap or other water.
- Put the glass bowl into the receptacle and put both containers in the oven.
- Bake until done.