1/3 Photos of Loup De Mer En Papillote (Baked Sea Bass Wrapped in Paper)
To wrap fish in parchment paper will protect the against the high heat. The steam can still escape, but the fluids and the flavours are kept inside. You can use almost any fish with this technique, but I would suggest to use whole fish. Serve the fish still wrapped in paper and "open" it on the table. A burst of wonderful flavours will escape. Serve it with some bread to dip up the wonderful flavoured juices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven (390° F, 200° C).
- 2Pepare a parchment paper large enough to wrap the fish. Spread a little of the olive oil where you will put the fish on.
- 3Crush the black peppercorns a little in a mortar and pestal, but it should be coarse though.
- 4Remove from one rosemary sprig, the leaves. You can chop them, but I prefer to leave the small leaves as they are.
- 5Clean the fish and brush both sides with olive oil. Salt to taste (inside and outside).
- 6Put 2 sprigs of rosemary into the cavity and also add a small piece of butter. If you like, put 2 slices of lemon into the cavity too.
- 7Sprinkle a little of black pepper and rosemary leaves onto the parchment paper and then place the fish on it.
- 8Cover the fish with the rest of black pepper and the rosemary leaves.
- 9Squash the garlic cloves (do not peel them) and place them on top of fish. Cut the butter into small pieces and arrange on top of fish too.
- 10Wrap the parchment paper around the fish to make a package. Fold over the edges to seal the package.
- 11Brush a little of the olive oil over the paper. This will protect it from burning.
- 12Put the package on a baking tray and bake for about 25 minutes.
- 13Serve the fish hot in the package.
- 14NOTE: use smaller fish for this recipe.
Browse Our Top Bass Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bass Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Loup De Mer En Papillote (Baked Sea Bass Wrapped in Paper)
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.8
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 216.4 mg
- Sodium 391.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 84.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: