2 hrs 5 mins
Lovely sticky little fried dough balls. Recipes from 'From a Traditional Greek Kitchen' a vegetarian recipe book. Of course if you're vegan you won't smother them in honey (but maybe maple syrup), but they are good either way!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- 2Dissolve yeast with salt in warm water.
- 3Pour yeast mixture into the well and combine.
- 4Add 1 cup of water to make a thick batter, adding more as necessary.
- 5Cover and let stand in a warm place for 1-2 hours.
- 6Pour oil (to about a 4 inch depth) into a heavy bottomed pan and heat just to smoking point.
- 7Drop the batter by tablespoons into the oil four at a time.
- 8Turn the puffs until golden brown on all sides.
- 9Remove and drain on kitchen paper towels and serve hot, drizzled with honey or maple syrup and sprinkled with cinnanmon.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Loukoumathes (Greek Honey Puffs) - No Eggs or Milk!
Serving Size: 1 (1058 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g