Recipe by the80srule
From Generations of Recipes, this looks delicious! The honey and cinnamon are estimated based on how much this yields (about 15-20 bite-size donuts.) Prep time includes the rising.
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- oil, for frying
- 1⁄2 cup honey, slightly warmed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (approx)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water with the sugar, about 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and add them to the yeast mixture, gradually adding the flour and salt, beating well.
- Cover and let rise for 2 hours.
- Heat some canola or vegetable oil to about 375F in a skillet or deep fryer, and drop the risen dough by the tablespoon-full into the oil. Turn it often to brown evenly.
- Dip each donut in the warmed honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.