- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs spicy sausage
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2⁄3 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and pepper
- fresh thyme leave (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the sausages into bite-sized pieces.
- Put the olive oil in a frying pan and quickly fry the sausages to get rid of extra fat but do not cook them.
- Get the sausage onto paper towels to drain them.
- Put the tomatoes, sausages and herbs into a giant frying pan and add the water, as well as some salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan for 30 minutes and serve while still hot.