Recipe by daisygrl64
This is a meal on its own for an easy weekend brunch. From my Pol Martin cookbook.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, pared and sliced
- 1 celery, stalk diced
- 4 dry shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried lentils, washed and drained
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning (for beans and rice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in saute pan over med heat, add vegetables and cook 6 minutes over low heat.
- add lentils and spices. mix and cover with water, bring to a boil and partly cover.
- cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes over low heat.
- add sausage, season with salt and black pepper.
- partly cover and continue cooking 15 minutes.