Recipe by Molly79
This authentic recipe is from my hometown of Houma, LA (about 70 miles south of New Orleans). This is great for just about any occasion. Don't let the name fool ya, this burger is to die for.
Top Review by Terri Newell
We really liked these burgers. As others have mentioned, it seemed like too much meat for only two servings. We made six burgers, to serve three people, and it was just right. I especially liked the sauteed mushrooms and onions on top. Definitely a do-over recipe for us!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (I use chuck)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use seasonall)
- 1 onion
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices monterey jack cheese
- 1 packet brown gravy mix (McCormick works well)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, put the first 5 ingredients, Mix Well.
- Shape meat into burgers, grill.
- Sautee' onions and mushrooms until soft.
- prepare brown gravy mix as directed on package.
- Serve hot on a hamburger bun.
- Place onions/mushrooms on top of burgers, then cheeses, then pour on desired amount of gravy.
- Add condiments as desired.
- This is also great with lettuce/ tomatoes/ pickles.