Recipe by Dine & Dish
This recipe was posted on a book group I belong to but is originally from a Weight Watchers cookbook. This dish is full of flavor. You won't be disappointed!
Top Review by Becky W.
Just made this for supper. Easy and delicious. Great spiciness! Could use any meat really. I omitted the oil. Not at all necessary if you take your time. I also used a ceramic pan.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus or 1 teaspoon olive oil, reserved
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup seeded and chopped green bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (4 ounce) flounder fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, and 1 Tablespoon of the Cajun seasoning.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomato, garlic, thyme, and salt.
- Continue to cook, uncovered, until the tomato is very soft, about 5 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle the fish with the remaining 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the fish and cook until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the fillets to a platter and spoon the sauce over the fish.