- 8 large skinless chicken pieces, about 200 g each
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salad leaves (to garnish)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the blackening spices.
- Toss the chicken in the spices, making sure that each fillet is evenly coated.
- Heat a large heavy based frying pan over high heat until very hot.
- Add the oil and fry chicken fillets on each side.
- You want the chicken to fry quite fast so that you sear and roast the spices very well.
- Don't be tempted to add too many pieces to the pan at once or you will not get the desired effect.
- When the fillet is well seared, place on a roasting tray and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve the chicken on a platter garnished with a few salad leaves.