Recipe by Kikimony
The crab meat is optional.
Top Review by Hey Jude
This was a really tasty dish! I used the crabmeat for half of the chicken breasts (my girls won't eat it so the un-crabby ones were for them). I forgot to dust the breasts with flour and ended up doing that after I'd already sprinkled with paprika and drizzled with butter. I don't know if that made a difference in the sauce but it didn't matter to us because the flavor was there in full force. The chicken was really tender and not dried out. Thanks Stephanie for a great recipe!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 -2 clove minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup crushed herbed croutons
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup lump crabmeat (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken between waxed paper sheets and roll until flat and uniform in size.
- Sprinkle with lemon pepper and salt.
- Saute green onion, celery and garlic until tender; add sherry, croutons, crab, parsley and dill weed.
- Blend well and divide among breasts.
- Roll breasts, tucking ends in and secure with toothpicks.
- Dust with flour and place in baking dish with rolled edge down; sprinkle with paprika.
- Melt remaining butter and drizzle over chicken; pour half and half in bottom of dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
- Baste frequently with pan juices.