Recipe by KissKiss
This is an easy recipe using a Zatarain's rice mix and some Italian sausage.
Top Review by Ckrepps
Great Recipe!! I used bulk hot sausage and red and orange bell peppers. I did substitute the black bean and rice for the Jambalaya with cheese mix from Zatarains. I served this at a dinner party and it was a hit.. Thanks
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 (8 ounce) boxzatarain's black bean and rice mix
- 3 large bell peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) packagegrated colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, brown the sausage and drain the fat.
- Add the water, olive oil, and Zatarain's Black Beans & Rice mix to sausage. Bring to a boil and stir.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While the rice is cooking, cut the bell peppers in half from the stem to the bottom, leaving the stem in tact (but sliced in two). Remove the ribs and seeds.
- Spoon the black bean mixture into pepper cavities in even portions. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- After 35 minutes remove the peppers and top with cheese. Finish baking until cheese is melted.