1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is an easy recipe using a Zatarain's rice mix and some Italian sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, brown the sausage and drain the fat.
- 2Add the water, olive oil, and Zatarain's Black Beans & Rice mix to sausage. Bring to a boil and stir.
- 3Cover and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4While the rice is cooking, cut the bell peppers in half from the stem to the bottom, leaving the stem in tact (but sliced in two). Remove the ribs and seeds.
- 5Spoon the black bean mixture into pepper cavities in even portions. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- 6After 35 minutes remove the peppers and top with cheese. Finish baking until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.4
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 663.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 17.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean and rice mix