Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
This is an easy recipe using a Zatarain's rice mix and some Italian sausage.
Make and share this Louisiana Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, brown the sausage and drain the fat.
- Add the water, olive oil, and Zatarain's Black Beans & Rice mix to sausage. Bring to a boil and stir.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While the rice is cooking, cut the bell peppers in half from the stem to the bottom, leaving the stem in tact (but sliced in two). Remove the ribs and seeds.
- Spoon the black bean mixture into pepper cavities in even portions. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- After 35 minutes remove the peppers and top with cheese. Finish baking until cheese is melted.