Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick & easy creole recipe. Fresh or frozen shrimp may be used. Serve over hot rice.
Make and share this Louisiana Shrimp Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Brown flour in a non stick skillet over medium heat. After flour is brown, set aside.
- In another pot, melt butter and saute onion, green onion, garlic, celery, parsley until done.
- Add tomato paste and stir until mixed.
- Add browned flour, stirring until the mixture thickens. Add water if necessary to thin a little.
- Add remaining seasonings and shrimp. Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes or until the shrimp are done. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Serve over hot rice.