Recipe by Melissa Spangler
Quick & easy creole recipe. Fresh or frozen shrimp may be used. Serve over hot rice.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled & deheaded
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown flour in a non stick skillet over medium heat. After flour is brown, set aside.
- In another pot, melt butter and saute onion, green onion, garlic, celery, parsley until done.
- Add tomato paste and stir until mixed.
- Add browned flour, stirring until the mixture thickens. Add water if necessary to thin a little.
- Add remaining seasonings and shrimp. Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes or until the shrimp are done. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Serve over hot rice.