Monique in LA's Note:
Wonderful shrimp dish that will stick to your ribs. It's a recipe out of the Talk About Good cookbook, with only slight modifications. serves 4, I usually double as this is even better the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1combine flour and oil in a 5 quart heavy pot, making a medium brown roux on high heat. Stir constantly so as not to burn the roux.
- 2Lower heat, add shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes.
- 3Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, and parsley. Continue to cook for 2 minutes to wilt onions.
- 4Raise heat, add water and remaining ingredients. Bring to boil.
- 5Lower heat to simmer, covered, for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 6Serve over rice. Corn or peas are great sweet vegetables on the side of this tomato based gravy. We always have peas and potato salad with this meal. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
Browse Our Top Creole Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Creole Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Shrimp Creole
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.0
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 220.8 mg
- Sodium 1719.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 25.7 g