1/2 Photos of Louisiana Sausage Jambalaya
1 hr 5 mins
Grace Lynn's Note:
Oh Boy, is this one good! It's a simple, but very authentic Louisiana jambalaya recipe given to me by a friend who grew up in New Orleans! Nice and spicy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 serrano chili pepper, finely chopped with seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 1/2 lbs andouille sausages or 1 1/2 lbs smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch slices,then cut into quartered wedges
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 cups long-grain rice
- 1Melt butter in large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the onions, green onions, bell pepper, garlic, serrano chile, bay leaves, Creole Seasoning, cayenne pepper and thyme.
- 3Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- 4Add sausage, broth, tomatoes and rice.
- 5Bring mixture to simmer.
- 6Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is very tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Sausage Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.1
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 63.2 mg
- Sodium 1250.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 19.9 g