Recipe by claire f
I've had this recipe for years. Have no idea where it came from. My family really enjoys them.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can salmon, drained well
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 slices bread, crumbled fine
- 1 medium size white potato, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- yellow cornmeal, for coating
- vegetable oil or cooking spray (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients until well blended.
- Shape into patties.
- **at this point you can chill for easier handling.
- coat in cornmeal.
- Fry at med-high heat, turning once.
- Lay on paper towels to drain.
- good hot or cold.
- prep. time does not include mashing the potatoes.