Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mmmm, this smells good cooking!
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Fry the bacon in a large pot, remove, drain and set aside.
- Add the rice through the celery to the drippings in the pot and sauté until the rice is golden and the vegetables are tender.
- Slowly stir in the peanut butter.
- Add the broth through the pepper, stir and blend well.
- Bring to a boil, then quickly reduce heat to low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender (~20min).
- Spoon into a serving dish and crumble the bacon over the top.
I must admit I was a bit sceptical about this one (mainly the combo of peanut butter and tomatoes)...but hey it works and tasted great!! I doubled the qty of the pepper and onion but followed the rest of the recipeas written. Thanks for sharing!!