Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Taste of Home
- 4 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) package smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- hot cooked rice
- In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or until heated through.
- Stir before serving; discard bay leaf.
- Sprinkle each serving with onions, serve with rice.
I found this at Taste of Home and loved it. This is a leftover I don't get tired of. Great flavors. Thanks for posting!