Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's another variation on a Thanksgiving favorite.
Make and share this Louisiana Praline Yams recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon dark rum (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine yams, sugar, salt, eggs, vanilla, rum (if using), and milk. Whip until smooth. Fold in raisins if using. Spoon mixture into a greased 2 quart casserole.
- Combine brown sugar, pecans, flour and butter. Sprinkle over yam mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until thoroughly heated through.