Recipe by Dancer^
This salad is best when served warm, but also tastes great at room temperature. Try making it the day before the party; cover and refrigerate. Let stand for 1 hour at room temperature before serving.
Top Review by Scrapbook Lori
Found this recipe in my box when looking for a potato salad to take to a cookout tomorrow. It's a great variation from the traditional mustard salad. The only variances I made were to add 1 chopped onion in place of the 3 green onions, and added 4 hard boiled chopped eggs in place of the red or yellow pepper. It's a good dish for summer. Thanks!
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 slices of thick cut bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 red peppers or 1 yellow pepper, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix potatoes, dressing and seasonings in a large bowl, set aside.
- Cook bacon in skillet on medium heat to desired crispness.
- Remove bacon from skillet; reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Add onions, pepper and celery to drippings in skillet; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Add to potato mixture with crumbled bacon; mix lightly.