Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple, delicious and will win over those who have never liked pecan pie. One being me! Those of you that decide to try this, I hope you enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups corn syrup, light
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 deep dish pie shell
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Put pecans inside of the pie shell, put on sheet pan and set aside.
- Beat eggs well.
- Mix the salt, butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla extract well. Add this to the egg mixture.
- Pour this entire mixture over top of the pecans in the pie shell.
- Bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Made into tartlets and hid some for myself. Kinda smart, huh? Made for Farm Cooking W/Andi.
To make this diabetic friendly use sugar free maple pancake syrup and Splenda for the sugar. Hubby could not tell the difference and it can be had guilt free.