Sonya M's Note:
This recipe is very good. Something different to bring for the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In lg bowl, with a mixer on medium speed, beat 1 cup butter. 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- 2In a med. bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- 3Add to butter mixture, stir to mix then beat until well blended. Stir in pecans.
- 4Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place about 1 in apart on buttered 12 by 15 inch baking sheet.
- 5Bske @ 300 until cooies are pale golden brown, about 25 minutes If baking two baking sheets at once in one oven, switch their positions halfway through baking. Let cookies stand on sheets until cool enough to handle.
- 6Place remaining 1-1/2 cups of powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar to coat all over, discard remaining sugar. Set cookies on rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Pecan Balls
Serving Size: 1 (852 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 98.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g