Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick & easy. I serve with Tomato Mushroom Gravy which is posted with Baked Eggplant a La Ce Ce under my recipes. This is meatless. I serve with a salad. If you want, you may crush 3 precooked slices bacon to the mixture before forming patties. I also use Provalone cheese in place of cheddar once in awhile.
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled, small cubes
- 295.73 ml Ritz cracker crumbs
- 295.73 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 29.58 ml parsley flakes
- 29.58 ml dried onion flakes
- 4.92 ml minced fresh garlic
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml shortening or 29.58 ml olive oil
- In a 2 quart saucepan heat water.
- Peel and cube eggplant.
- Drop into boiling water. Cover and cook until tender.
- While eggplant is cooking, mix all ingredients except lemon juice and shortening in a bowl.
- Drain eggplant and mash with fork or beaters.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add eggplant lemon juice mixture to bowl mixture.
- Heat shortening or oil in large frying pan.
- Form 8 patties Fry until brown on both sides.
This recipe is a total mouth explosion of flavor! I thought I would share them with my family, but decided I would keep them all to myself. I did not put the recommended gravy on them, but rather ate them plain. I loved them so much, I even the left-overs cold right out of the refrigerator. Thanks for sharing such an awesome recipe. (I still don't plan on sharing!)