1/1 Photo of Louisiana Mardi Gras Pasta
1 hr 30 mins
Cindy Andrews's Note:
This is one of many "Mardi Gras pasta" recipes. I have changed it over the years and it is always a favorite of my guests. Color and flavor is the big thing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked fettuccine
- 1/4 lb butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup diced andouille sausage
- 1/2 cup diced shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup sauted crabmeat or 1/2 cup crawfish
- 1/2 ounce dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup mixed bell pepper (red, green, yellow)
- 1/4 lb chipped cold butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1In a cast iron pot (3 qt), melt butter over med-high heat.
- 2Add green onions, mushrooms and andouille.
- 3Saute 3-5 minutes, add garlic and tomatoes and continue to saute for 3 minutes.
- 4Add shrimp and crab meat or crawfish cooking for 2 additional minutes.
- 5Deglaze pan with white wine and lemon juice and cook until volume of liquid is reduced to half.
- 6Add heavy whipping cream and, stirring constantly, reduce until cream is thick and of a sauce like consistency, approximately 5 minutes.
- 7Add diced bell pepper and chipped butter, 2- 3 pats at a time, swirling pan constanly over burner.
- 8Do not stir with a spoon.
- 9Continue adding butter until all is incorporated.
- 10Remove from heat, add parsley and season to taste using salt and pepper.
- 11Gently fold in cooked fettudcine and serve.
- 12This is also good served cold as a pasta salad.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Mardi Gras Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.3
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 28.8 g
- Cholesterol 191.5 mg
- Sodium 470.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: