This is one of many "Mardi Gras pasta" recipes. I have changed it over the years and it is always a favorite of my guests. Color and flavor is the big thing.
- 3 cups cooked fettuccine
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup diced andouille sausage
- 1⁄2 cup diced shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup sauted crabmeat or 1⁄2 cup crawfish
- 1⁄2 ounce dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup mixed bell pepper (red, green, yellow)
- 1⁄4 lb chipped cold butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a cast iron pot (3 qt), melt butter over med-high heat.
- Add green onions, mushrooms and andouille.
- Saute 3-5 minutes, add garlic and tomatoes and continue to saute for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and crab meat or crawfish cooking for 2 additional minutes.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and lemon juice and cook until volume of liquid is reduced to half.
- Add heavy whipping cream and, stirring constantly, reduce until cream is thick and of a sauce like consistency, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add diced bell pepper and chipped butter, 2- 3 pats at a time, swirling pan constanly over burner.
- Do not stir with a spoon.
- Continue adding butter until all is incorporated.
- Remove from heat, add parsley and season to taste using salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in cooked fettudcine and serve.
- This is also good served cold as a pasta salad.