Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 lb beef, ground
- 1 lb pork, ground
- 1 cup onion
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 cup bell pepper
- 2 -3 stalks celery
- 2 packages chili sauce mix
- to taste hot chili pepper
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup whole corn
- to taste chicken broth, as needed
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- to taste parmesan cheese
- Saute meat and drain; add onions, garlic, bell peppers and celery (after chopping fine in food processor).
- Cook until cooked down. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add chili mix, tomato sauce, hot pepper (chopped) and corn with juice. Mix well (if a little too thick, add chicken broth until desired consistency). Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Spray pan (sheet cake size) with Pam and pour mixture in it. Top with Jiffy mix and can milk mixture. (Fix only when ready for this step. Mix box with 1 cup milk and spread on top of mixture.)
- Top with Cheddar cheese and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.