Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
What is Louisiana garlic bread ?? It is crazy, crazy,delicious. Everyone goes mad over this, we go through at least 3 loaves or even more for larger crowds. Thanx again to Chef Emeril, another winner !!!!
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, split in half
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Spread butter mixture onto both sides of bread.
- Put halves together and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Cook on barbeque or oven at 350 until heated through.
I was a little put off by the addition of lemon juice, it was too much for me, but everyone else loved it. I, too, didn't care for it wrapped in foil, and ran it under the broiler after it was done baking to crisp it up a bit.
I really had high expectations for this garlic bread after seeing it on the show, but once I made it, I was a little disappointed... I was expecting something more creamy with more flavor, and this was just basically garlic with butter. It had a nice flavor, but not the consistency or combination I was looking for.
This was good, but the lemon juice just wouldn't mix in, and I couldn't taste it anyway. I also preferred this not wrapped in foil for a crispy finished product.