I found this recipe quite some time ago on another site and thought it sounded very good. I think the addition of the spices is very interesting and I can't wait to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 158.51 ml milk
- 14.79 ml creole seasoning
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml hot sauce
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 dozen oysters
- 473.18 ml cornflour or 473.18 ml seasoned fish fry or 473.18 ml cornmeal
- 177.44 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml creole seasoning
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- 4.92 ml lemon pepper seasoning
- 1Combine the first 9 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- 2Add in the oysters and marinate at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- 3Put the remaining ingredients in a paper bag and mix well by shaking.
- 4Remove the oysters from the marinade and drop in the bag.
- 5Shake the bag to coat the oysters and let them rest in the bag for a few minutes.
- 6Heat about 2" of oil in the pan to 365 degrees.
- 7Place the oysters in the oil leaving at least a 3/4" space between pieces (do not overcrowd them or the oysters will be soggy).
- 8Fry the oysters about 4 minutes or until done.
- 9Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 10After most of the oil has drained, remove to fresh paper towels.
- 11Make sure the oil is at least 360 degrees before adding and frying the next batch.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Fried Oysters
Serving Size: 1 (2708 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.1
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.4 mg
- Sodium 116.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning