Rich and delicious, this dish comes from the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter a casserole dish and preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cover eggplant with boiling salted water; let stand for five minutes; drain well.
- 3Brown onion, bell pepper and meat in bacon drippings until onion is translucent, about five minutes.
- 4Add tomato puree and heat thoroughly.
- 5Add drained eggplant and remaining ingredients.
- 6Place in prepared casserole, cover and bake for 1/2 hour; remove cover, increase temperature to 400F and bake for an additional 15 minutes until golden brown on top.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Eggplant Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.4
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.8 mg
- Sodium 868.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 12.6 g