Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A favorite casserole that is popular in Louisiana. I saw it many times when I was living Louisiana and got this recipe from a friend there. It's easy to make, too!
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 -4 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 lb pasta, cooked & drained (wide egg noodles, bowties, or other pasta)
- crawfish tail meat (with fat, can buy this frozen)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's cream of shrimp soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (plain or with jalepeÃƒ o)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (or larger can, to taste)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Melt butter in pan, cook vegetables until tender. Add milk, can of tomatos, can of soup, and crawfish, and bring to a boil. Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and melt velveeta cheese into mixture. (works better if cheese is in chunks).
- Mix in cooked pasta, and place all in baking dish. You can put cheddar cheese and/or breadcrumbs on top, or leave it plain.
- Bake in oven at 350° for 25 minutes or until done.
I am also from Louisiana and this recipe is delicious! Of course, it is not "health food", but that was not claimed. I did add 1/4 cup fresh sliced mushrooms, 6 ounces of artificial crab meat and Tony's Creole seasoning rather than salt and pepper. I used the cream of shrimp soup rather than the cream of mushroom. I will definitely make it again, but I think I will use about half of the Velvetta cheese next time, just to make it a "little" less unhealthy!
um, okay. I'm from Lousiana and I've never heard of this. Very fattening, though, huh?