A favorite casserole that is popular in Louisiana. I saw it many times when I was living Louisiana and got this recipe from a friend there. It's easy to make, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 -4 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 lb pasta, cooked & drained (wide egg noodles, bowties, or other pasta)
- crawfish tail meat (with fat, can buy this frozen)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's cream of shrimp soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (plain or with jalepeÃƒ o)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (or larger can, to taste)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Melt butter in pan, cook vegetables until tender. Add milk, can of tomatos, can of soup, and crawfish, and bring to a boil. Simmer about 15 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and melt velveeta cheese into mixture. (works better if cheese is in chunks).
- 3Mix in cooked pasta, and place all in baking dish. You can put cheddar cheese and/or breadcrumbs on top, or leave it plain.
- 4Bake in oven at 350° for 25 minutes or until done.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Crawfish Pasta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.0
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.0 mg
- Sodium 1103.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 19.0 g