Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A favorite casserole that is popular in Louisiana. I saw it many times when I was living Louisiana and got this recipe from a friend there. It's easy to make, too!
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 -4 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 lb pasta, cooked & drained (wide egg noodles, bowties, or other pasta)
- crawfish tail meat (with fat, can buy this frozen)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's cream of shrimp soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (plain or with jalepeÃƒ o)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (or larger can, to taste)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Melt butter in pan, cook vegetables until tender. Add milk, can of tomatos, can of soup, and crawfish, and bring to a boil. Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and melt velveeta cheese into mixture. (works better if cheese is in chunks).
- Mix in cooked pasta, and place all in baking dish. You can put cheddar cheese and/or breadcrumbs on top, or leave it plain.
- Bake in oven at 350° for 25 minutes or until done.