I discovered this recipe in Lee Lee's Recipe Box. It is best to be used with Coffee Buttercream Frosting.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 295.73 ml powdered sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 4.92 ml instant espresso powder
- 78.07 ml cold coffee
- 78.07 ml whipping cream
- 473.18 ml cake flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 473.18 ml frosting (of your choice or use Coffee Buttercream Frosting)
- 118.29 ml pecans, coarsely chopped
- 9.85 ml orange peel, freshly grated
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar in large mixer bowl.
- Add egg yolks 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Dissolve coffee powder in cold coffee; stir into butter mixture.
- Add whipping cream; stir well until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; sift again.
- Fold flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Pour into 2 floured and greased 9" cake pans.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in centers is with-drawn clean, 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate.
- Spread top with 1 cup of frosting.
- Top with remaining layer.
- Spread top of cake with 1 cup of frosting.
- Sprinkle pecans and orange peel over frosting.