1/1 Photo of Louisiana Coffee Cake
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/3 cup cold coffee
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cream butter and sugar in large mixer bowl.
- 3Add egg yolks 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Dissolve coffee powder in cold coffee; stir into butter mixture.
- 5Add whipping cream; stir well until smooth.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; sift again.
- 8Fold flour mixture into butter mixture.
- 9Pour into 2 floured and greased 9" cake pans.
- 10Bake until wooden pick inserted in centers is with-drawn clean, 20-25 minutes.
- 11Cool on wire rack.
- 12Place 1 cake layer on serving plate.
- 13Spread top with 1 cup of frosting.
- 14Top with remaining layer.
- 15Spread top of cake with 1 cup of frosting.
- 16Sprinkle pecans and orange peel over frosting.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.0
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 106.3 mg
- Sodium 434.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 55.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g