1/2 Photos of Louisiana Chicken Sauce Piquant
This recipe was adopted from a 1969 cookbook that belonged to my grandmother. I've adjusted the ingredients and amounts to reflect today's cooking habits. Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 3 cups of cooking oil hot enough to cook chicken.
- 2Cut chicken into 2 inch pieces, season with the creole seasoning and fry in oil until done.
- 3Remove the chicken from the oil.
- 4In another frying pan, saute onions,celery, bell pepper and garlic until opaque looking and slightly limp.
- 5To the vegetable mixture, add your chicken which has slightly cooled.
- 6Add tomatoes and water to the mixture, then lower the flame allowing mixture to simmer for for one hour, stirring about every 10 minutes.
- 7Serve with rice.
- 8If you like yours to be a bit thicker, use 2 cans of diced tomatoes and 1 can (8 ounce) tomato paste and 1 cup water.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Chicken Sauce Piquant
Serving Size: 1 (601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 849.3
- Calories from Fat 680
- Total Fat 75.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 112.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 27.8 g