Louisiana Chicken Sauce Piquant
- Heat 3 cups of cooking oil hot enough to cook chicken.
- Cut chicken into 2 inch pieces, season with the creole seasoning and fry in oil until done.
- Remove the chicken from the oil.
- In another frying pan, saute onions,celery, bell pepper and garlic until opaque looking and slightly limp.
- To the vegetable mixture, add your chicken which has slightly cooled.
- Add tomatoes and water to the mixture, then lower the flame allowing mixture to simmer for for one hour, stirring about every 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
- If you like yours to be a bit thicker, use 2 cans of diced tomatoes and 1 can (8 ounce) tomato paste and 1 cup water.