Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
When I was cooking my Louisiana Pepper Chicken recipe, I went to chop the green peppers and they were bad inside. Then I was missing some other ingredients, so I kept improvising and ended up with this instead. DH absolutely loved it and asked me to write down what I did so I could make it again.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- red pepper sauce
- Rinse and dry chicken.
- Combine salt, cayenne and flour.
- Dust chicken with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken.
- Cook until browned on both sides and no longer pink in center.
- Place on serving platter and keep warm in low oven.
- Add onion, corn and parsley to skillet drippings.
- Cook and stir about 3 minutes until onion is lightly browned.
- Spoon over chicken.
- Increase heat to high.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, basil and thyme to skillet.
- Cook until reduced to about half.
- Add corn starch mixture and stir until thickened.
- Place rice on a plate.
- Top with chicken and corn mixture, then pour some of the sauce over all, topping with some chopped green onion and a few drops of red pepper sauce.
This was an easy and delicious recipe,PanNan!Onions,chicken and corn,all our favorite things and served over rice.....we were in heaven!I used 2 cans of corn and didnt change anything else.The lemon juice was a nice touch!Thanks for a great recipe!
I made this tonight and although I messed up on a couple of things, it still turned out great! Next time, I am going to make a lot more of the corn onion mixture because it was so good! Normally I don't like onions like that, but I did this time! I must admit, I didn't try it with the rice and sauce, everyone else did, but the chicken and the corn was so good! I am definately going to make this again! Thank you! Bec
I made the full amount of chicken & doubled the corn. It comes together easily. I forgot the hot sauce at the end - it really needed the zip. Everyone loved it! Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers.