Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this recipe in "The Church Supper Cookbook", and it is absolutely fantastic. My DH gave it five stars! Definitely a keeper.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 lbs beef chuck, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 -8 carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Combine the flour, salts, pepper, and ginger. Sprinkle over beef cubes.
- Brown beef in hot oil in Dutch oven.
- Add tomatoes (with juice), onions, vinegar, molasses, and water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer about 2 hours.
- Add carrots and raisins and simmer 30 minutes longer, or until carrots are tender.