1/3 Photos of Louisiana Baked Ham
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
A very tasty glazed ham that and can be served with a nice GARLIC GRAVY.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- 2Score skin on ham in a diamond pattern.
- 3Insert cloves where score lines cross.
- 4In a roasting pan, place ham and add onions.
- 5Roast in preheated 350 degree F oven for 1 hour.
- 6In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, corn syrup, dry mustard and vinegar and mix well to combine.
- 7Remove ham from oven.
- 8Pour brown sugar mixture over ham.
- 9Return ham to oven and increase heat to 450 F and cook for another 30 minutes, basting at least twice during this cooking period.
- 10Remove ham from oven and continue basting as ham cools and until glaze starts to harden.
- 11Remove sliced onions and reserve to make gravy, see Garlic Gravy for Ham.
- 12Slice and serve ham hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Baked Ham
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 734.1
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 186.4 mg
- Sodium 140.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 41.5 g
- Protein 53.8 g