Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A very tasty glazed ham that and can be served with a nice GARLIC GRAVY.
Top Review by gailanng
Anything out of Louisiana is good...and me, biased? Not whatsoever! ;-) Like it's said, "I'm from Louisiana and no matter if our schools are failing, our politics are dirty and our biggest city was underwater, there ain't no place like home."
- 7 -10 lbs bone-in ham, pre-cooked
- 30 whole cloves
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Score skin on ham in a diamond pattern.
- Insert cloves where score lines cross.
- In a roasting pan, place ham and add onions.
- Roast in preheated 350 degree F oven for 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, corn syrup, dry mustard and vinegar and mix well to combine.
- Remove ham from oven.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over ham.
- Return ham to oven and increase heat to 450 F and cook for another 30 minutes, basting at least twice during this cooking period.
- Remove ham from oven and continue basting as ham cools and until glaze starts to harden.
- Remove sliced onions and reserve to make gravy, see recipe #42026.
- Slice and serve ham hot or cold.