Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A very tasty glazed ham that and can be served with a nice GARLIC GRAVY.
Make and share this Louisiana Baked Ham recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Score skin on ham in a diamond pattern.
- Insert cloves where score lines cross.
- In a roasting pan, place ham and add onions.
- Roast in preheated 350 degree F oven for 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, corn syrup, dry mustard and vinegar and mix well to combine.
- Remove ham from oven.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over ham.
- Return ham to oven and increase heat to 450 F and cook for another 30 minutes, basting at least twice during this cooking period.
- Remove ham from oven and continue basting as ham cools and until glaze starts to harden.
- Remove sliced onions and reserve to make gravy, see recipe #42026.
- Slice and serve ham hot or cold.
Anything out of Louisiana is good...and me, biased? Not whatsoever! ;-) Like it's said, "I'm from Louisiana and no matter if our schools are failing, our politics are dirty and our biggest city was underwater, there ain't no place like home."
I made this for a dinner party last night and it turned out really well. I was not using a pre-cooked ham, so I had it in the oven for about an 2 1/2 hours on 325, then upped to 350 with the glaze for the time specified. Once cooked it sat with a foil tent for about 45 mins. Guests said it was really tasty and moist. Thanks William!
Wow, wow wow. Best Ham ever. Made this for Easter. Also made your Pineapple/garlic Gravy for Ham. Thanks for a great recipe!!