Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a rich, sumptuous side dish that I whipped up once on a whim when I was on a low-carb diet. Bien sur, these are decadent enough to conjure up visions of Louis XIV's elaborate feasts at Versailles. Eating these was blissful ecstasy - you'll feel like a head of state (as long as you don't think about the fat content or the expense of truffle oil!). I hope that you'll agree that this recipe is sure to impress monarchs accustomed to living in the lap of luxury. Bon appetit!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (can also use half and half)
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon of fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Melt butter and truffle oil over medium heat in a large skillet or work. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms have cooked down significantly.
- Remove from heat, spoon onto one large platter or two plates and drizzle cream over mushrooms. Then, drizzle truffle oil over mushrooms.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, mint and fresh parsley over mushrooms and serve.
Luxurious and delicious!!! I'll try this again when I have truffle oil but in a pinch walnut oil works quite well!! Thanks!