Nancy's Pantry's Note:
This recipe is taken from "The Gasparilla Cookbook" and it combines the wonderful flavors of the greek salad served on top of a delicious potato salad. The finishing touches are peeled and cooked shrimp on top with olives, peppers, and green onions arranged around the salad. Great presentation and well worth the effort. You may omit the watercress and anchovies,as well as, change up the veggies any way you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 potatoes, boiled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup salad dressing
- 1 lettuce, entire bunch
- 3 cups potato salad (see above)
- 12 watercress leaves (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, medium and cut into wedges
- 1 cucumber, cut lengthwise into 8 fingers
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 green pepper, cut into 8 strips
- 4 slices canned beets (optional)
- 4 shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 12 black olives (greek style preferred)
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 4 green onions, whole
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup salad oil (blend both oils together)
- 1Line a large platter with outside lettuce leaves. Place 3 cups of the potato salad in a mound in the center of the platter. Cover with the remaining lettuce which has been shredded.
- 2Arrange the watercress on top of this.
- 3Place the tomato wedges around the outer edge of the salad with a few on the top, and place the cucumber wedges in between the tomatoes, making a solid base of the salad.
- 4Place the avocado slices around the outside.
- 5Place crumbled feta on top of the salad, with the green papper slices over all.
- 6On the very top, place the sliced beets with a shrimp on each beet slice and an anchovy fillet on top of the shrimp.
- 7The olives, peppers and green onions can be arranged as desired.
- 8The entire salad is then sprinkled with the vinegar and then with the oil.
- 9Sprinkle the oregano over all and serve at once. Serve with toasted garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louis Pappas' Famous Greek Salad
Serving Size: 1 (954 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1088.7
- Calories from Fat 590
- Total Fat 65.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 210.9 mg
- Sodium 1921.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 24.5 g