Recipe by Chef PotPie
This is pretty much a Seafood Louie minus the lettuce and seafood! My best friend's mom used to make this dressing in the galley of their boat while the crab pots were being pulled up! It's the best Louie (thousand island) dressing I've ever had. I like having it around when I have the craves for a Louie but not the time, because pretty much everything's in there but the lettuce and the shrimp or crab!
Top Review by GREG IN SAN DIEGO
I prepared this exactly according to your recipe and chilled it overnight in a covered container in the fridge. For lunch today, I served it over Alaskan king crab meat on a bed of chopped romaine lettuce, garnished with a few fresh Roma tomato wedges, for color. Wow...a keeper for sure! Thanks, Laurel.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickles, chopped (I use bread and butter pickles) (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste