Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from an ANCIENT newspaper clipping that I retrieved from my wife's grandmother's recipe box after she died (hopefully not from the goop!). I only tweaked it to facilitate the use of a food processor. I don't know who "Louella" was but she clearly knew what she was doing in the kitchen. Try it -- you'll like it!
- 1⁄4 lb blue cheese, run through a ricer, or, food processed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 fresh garlic clove, slightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon milled black peppercorns
- Melt the butter slowly on the stovetop in a small pan with the clove of crushed garlic in it. Stir the butter until the garlic is well-infused and then toss out the garlic.
- Add all ingredients, including the garlic butter, into a food processor. Pulse until the blend looks about right.
- Spoon some of the mixture on to the grilled (still sizzling hot) hamburgers or steak. It should melt into a "sauce.".