Recipe by Um Safia
Here is a lovely recipe for Italian string beans (or French beans) cooked in a garlic & coriander / cilantro sauce. This makes a delcious side dish for fish or chicken or you can eat it as part of a mezze. Traditionaly this is served at room temperature but you could eat it hot if you like.
- 1 lb fresh string bean (top & tailed & de-strung)
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped (or grated)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil