Warm steak on cool salad. Vietnamese style.
Make and share this Lotus Shaking Beef recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb beef sirloin steak, cubed into 1-inch cubes
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups watercress (I used spring mix instead and usually use more salad)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced thinly
- Combine steak, garlic, fish sauce, sugar, and 2 tsp canola oil. Marinate 20 minutes.
- Slice onion in half lengthwise and then into paper thin slices. Marinate with cucumber in vinegar 20 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp canola oil over high heat in skillet. Quickly stir fry steak until seared on the outside and pink on the inside.
- Combine onion, cucumber, pepper, olive oil, and salad. Toss.
- Pour steak over salad. Serve immediately.
This lovely salad was part of my dinner tonight. The only change I made was instead of cubing the meat, I sliced it thin and quickly stir fried it. This dish is a big deal for me cause I've not eaten red meaat for several years now, but had to try this! I serve it with Tofu Lo Mein, Ten Variety Fried Noodles (Chow Mein), and stir-fry long beans.