1/6 Photos of Lotta Lemon Muffins
These muffins are really moist and really lemony. This is my oldest son's favorite muffin. The recipe come's from an old copy of Bon Appetite. My Dad always likes to add a few lemons into packages he sends us from California, which always makes these muffins extra special. 9-16-09 Since this was first posted it has become very difficult to find yogurt in the 8oz size so you either have to buy 2 6oz yogurts or add a little extra plain yogurt or a little sour cream. This is a very firm dough, not a loose batter like most muffins, but the muffins still come out nice and moist, enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces lemon yogurt
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3Grease or spray muffin pan with release spray such as PAM.
- 4Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- 5In a separate bowl mix together wet ingredients.
- 6Pour wet ingredients in to the well of the dry and stir together gently until there are no flour streaks, it's ok if there are some lumps.
- 7Bake 20 minutes, edges should get just a little brown, test as usual.
- 8While muffins are baking, prepare glaze.
- 10Mix glaze ingredients together in a small saucepan over medium heat, stir until sugar dissolves and mixture simmers slightly.
- 11Keep warm low heat.
- 12As soon as muffins are removed from the oven poke each one several times with a skewer, then spoon glaze over the muffins, using up all of it.
- 15The dough is much stiffer than most muffins, don't worry they still come out nice and moist.
- 16I don't use muffin papers with this recipe or you lose a lot of the glaze that is normally absorbed around the sides, which adds to the moistness of the muffin.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lotta Lemon Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (900 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 31.5 mg
- Sodium 274.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 3.3 g